Saturday, February 28, 2009

DMX updates fans from prison




Earl Simmons, better known to some as DMX, is serving time in prison on a variety of charges. While going through this sentence, Simmons has faced some challenging times. He has reportedly made threats to prison guards [click to read] and now he has been accused of attacking a corrections officer. Recently, X released a letter to fans, opening up about the incident, allegations and more on his status in prison.

To those claiming he is receiving special treatment for his fame, he notes that any statements about "special treatment" is untrue.

"Since I have begun to serve out my sentence, I have not been given any special treatment but it has actually been the opposite," he said through a letter to fans, published by TMZ.

He goes on to clarify matters on his part.

"For the record, I want to state ''I Did Not' physically touch or hit an officer. This is just another attempt to destroy my credibility."

To finish the letter, DMX thanks everyone on his corner.

"I’d like to thank my family, love ones, and fans for their support. I ask that you continue to pray for me during this trying time."

DMX is still serving 90 days in prison. No official word has been given as to whether or not this sentence will be elongated due to these allegations and/or incidents.

Article from HipHopDX.com

No comments:

Post a Comment